Sense and Visibility. Multisensory Experience and Representation of the Environment beyond the Visual
We are living in a visual world. Images and visualisations are dominating our everyday life. By focusing on the visual world we tend to neglect other sensory experiences.
With this one-day multidisciplinary event we aim to put the focus on the importance of images in our society, in particular in relation to ‘environment’ while on the other hand we will highlight the role of other sensory experiences as well as interactions and multi-sensory representations and experiences.
The event will span a range of disciplines including but not limited to e.g. Computer Science, Natural and Environmental Sciences including Climate Science, Acoustics, Landscape and Urban Planning, Visualisation and Media Studies.
Speakers and Presenters
- Prof. Thomas Kersten, Conference Host
Photogrammetry & Laser Scanning Lab, HafenCity University Hamburg
- Prof. Eckart Lange, Conference Chair
University of Sheffield, Universität Hamburg Fellow 2022/2023 at HIAS
- Prof. Cat Hope, Monash University, Universität Hamburg Fellow 2022/2023 at HIAS
- Dr. Ulrike Kastrup, FocusTerra, ETH Zürich
- Prof. Jian Kang, Institute for Environmental Design and Engineering, University College London
- Prof. Thorsten A. Kern, Institute for Mechatronics in Mechanics, Hamburg University of Technology
- Dr. Nina Klar, Hamburg Authority for Environment, Climate, Energy and Agribusiness
- Prof. Mojib Latif, President, Academy of Sciences and Humanities in Hamburg
- Dr. Thea Lautenschläger, Loki Schmidt Botanical Garden, Universität Hamburg
- Prof. Barbara Piga, Laboratorio di Simulazione Urbana, Politecnico di Milano
- Prof. Birgit Schneider, Institute for Arts and Media, Potsdam University
- Prof. Hans Reiner Schultz, President, Hochschule Geisenheim
The conference will take place at HafenCity University and in English.
HIAS_Program_Sense and Visibility