***All fellowships awarded until further notice***
HIAS supports the initiative Science Bridge for Ukraine of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg and awards with immediate effect
for Ukrainian Scholars/ Cultural Professionals at Risk
€ 2,000/ month I duration 3 – 10 months
As a fellow, the academic or cultural professional will join the ongoing interdisciplinary and international fellowship program, which includes the following services:
- an office space in the center of Hamburg
- technical equipment
- support in research or other tasks
- participation in interdisciplinary colloquia and events
- integration into Hamburg’s academic or cultural community through a cooperation with Hamburg-based colleagues
- assistance regarding accommodation and childcare.
In addition, HIAS pays a monthly stipend of about € 2,000 (depending on family status).
The following conditions must be met:
- the applicant is a scholar or scientist (from the postdoc level onwards) or a cultural professional (with a Master’s degree) and speaks English fluently (level B)
- the applicant lives in Ukraine and is at risk due to the political situation (and has no other residence in Hamburg)
- the applicant has already fled Ukraine or will have to flee Ukraine
- the applicant does not have an employer in Hamburg
- the applicant is willing to continue their work in active exchange with international colleagues.
In order to react as quickly as possible to the political situation, the applicant is not required to submit a detailed application.
Please send the following documents and information informally and in English by email with reference “Ukraine” to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- CV incl. proof of academic degree (scientists from postdoc-level onwards; cultural professionals from Master’s degree onwards)
- information on a planned scientific or cultural project at HIAS (maximum one page)
- name of a desired cooperation partner in Hamburg (an academic or cultural worker from one of Hamburg’s institutions, possible institutions here)
- information about accompanying family members
- information about the current living situation
- indication of the desired fellowship period
If you have any questions or require advice, please contact us at email@example.com.