A candidate’s suitability is assessed by taking into account their previous individual academic or artistic performance, the quality of the submitted project proposal as well as the expectable contribution to the international and diverse cohort of fellows.
Outstanding Level of Previous Academic or Artistic Performance
Relevant evaluation criteria are:
- Significant monographs
- Articles in first authorship
- Publications or reviews in relevant academic journals or arts pages and art journals
- Prestigious prizes and awards
- Exhibitions in renowned museums or art institutions
- Concerts or performances at renowned stages
- Influencing or shaping of public discourses etc.
The evaluation should take into consideration the applicant’s respective career level and - in the case of early career researchers – their future potential.
Assessment of the Research Project
Relevant evaluation criteria: The proposed project establishes new perspectives/ways of thinking and shows potential for connections with other disciplines. A suitable Tandem Partner in Hamburg can be identified (this is the responsibility of the Board of Members) and the project can be pursued in-residence at HIAS.
Internationality and Diversity of the Group
Relevant evaluation criteria: The applicant enriches the group intellectually as well as by way of her or his individual background and perspective.